10 Whitest Cities in the South

This article will bring you to the list of the whitest cities in the South. Insider Monkey has recently published an interesting article about it. To come up with their list, they researched just how white the population is in Southern countries including the whitest towns in South Carolina and whitest cities in Virginia. Of course, there are a lot of small places with a thousand residents or even less that are 100% white, but since their list is limited to 10 cities, they only considered larger cities with at least 30,000 residents and ranked them according to the percentage of the white population.

Pixabay/Public domain

Now without a further ado let’s see what Insider Monkey has investigated for us. We have picked three of the whitest cities in the South from their list.

The first city can be Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, where the total population is 98,850 and the percentage of white population is 79%. Broken Arrow is a city located in the northwestern part of Oklahoma, and is home to about more than 98,000 people. 79% of its total population is white and that is why Broken Arrow is on the list of the whitest cities in the South. The next city on our short list now should be Stillwater, Oklahoma , where the total population is 45,668 and the percentage of white population is 79%. About 79% of total population in Stillwater is white, while 5% of the population is Asian. African American population also makes for about 5% of the total number. At last, but not least, we are mentioning Edmond, Oklahoma, where the total population is 81,405 and the percentage of white population is 82%. The sixth largest city in Oklahoma, Edmond, is home to about 81,000 people. 82% of its total population is white while the remaining 18% are African American, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian or mixed races.

For any further useful information, read Insider Monkey’s article about 10 whitest cities in the South.

Related posts

Leave a Comment